Fresh squeezed soul, organic passion - that is the heart of Vernon.
#ExploreVernon for a bounty of outdoor, creative and cultural experiences, produced by North Okanagan locals who really care about their community.
Vernon is home to:
- SilverStar Mountain Resort, one of Canada’s premiere ski, snowboard and mountain biking destinations
- Vernon Winter Carnival, one of Canada’s longest running winter carnivals
- A massive hiking, biking and trail running network built and maintained by local volunteers at NOCS (North Okanagan Biking Society)
- An international award-winning nordic ski centre, Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre
- So many wineries, breweries, cideries, distilleries and tasty restaurants within a 10-mile radius, you’ll be fuelling the soul with local offerings made from Okanagan goodness.
- Two big lakes that make this city POP!
Check out these AMP stories for a little taste of Vernon
Things to do in Vernon
For starters: in winter, you can go downhill or cross-country skiing at SilverStar mountain resort (or bring your board), check out the Vernon Winter Carnival, or explore any number of snowy local trails on snowshoe or fatbike.
In summer, hit the mountains, rip the trails or head down to Kal Beach and score a paddle board or kayak rental and get on the water to fully appreciate Vernon’s awe.
August Long Weekend, get set for the return of mountain biking’s premier competition and festival, Crankworx, at SilverStar.
Wash it all down with an “Apple-anche” - a slurpee made of fresh organic apples that come from about 100 feet from where you are standing, within Davidson Orchard.
Welcome to Vernon, they don’t just want you to visit here, they want you to live here!
#ExploreVernon and discover why. Share what you find with the hashtag #ExploreVernon and use these stories below as inspiration to your whole new world.