Explore BC Rural Islands
Cormorant, Cortes, Gabriola, Hornby, Quadra—these five islands off BC’s west coast are home to more fall soul, culture and experiences than we bet you could fit into an epic two-week road trip.
Experience a different kind of rural, beyond anything you've imagined:
- Cormorant Island, (Alert Bay) within unceded traditional territory of Namgis First Nation
- Quadra Island, including the traditional lands of the Wei Wai Kai and Wei Wai Kum nations
- Cortes Island, unceded traditional territory of Klahoose First Nation
- Hornby Island, unceded traditional territory of K'ómoks First Nation
- Gabriola Island, within Snuneymuxw First Nation territory
Join ZenSeekers and our partners at the Rural Island Economic Partnership in getting to know the culture, climate and experiences that will connect and enhance your next visit.
From world-class Indigenous heritage sites to epic island views, hiking and biking trails through lush temperate rainforest, ocean paddling adventures and locally inspired food, these islands will transform what you thought you knew about traveling —and living—with respect for the environment and community you're visiting.
This is your invitation to #exploreBCruralislands.
Plan your island-hopping road trip!